Saturday 23 July 2011

Positivity in Sheffield???


Confidence and safety are breeding in the Steelers fans over recent weeks, and it seems that Tony Smith has brought a level of stability to the club, however as a Steelers fan I have a hereditary condition that leads me to worry about the club off the ice.

I don’t want to be cynical but owners have come and gone so often in my time as a Steelers fan that I have a distrust of many of them, ironically the only one I’ve felt safe under in recent years was a certain Mr Ragan…. How wrong I was... I only hope that the good moves so far by Tony Smith keep coming and we “put bums on seats” in the arena.

One place we don’t seem to be struggling Is the roster, the guys Finnerty has brought in so far are exciting players, and the new guys last week are no exception, John DeCaro is going to be a top Goaltender at this level, tall strong and quick, the guy fights night in night out for the “W”. I have had the privilege this week of catching up with Steelers new forward Mike Ramsay, and this guy’s stats talk for themselves, he lead his league in shots on goal last season, and has consistently scored goals all of his professional career. I will be publishing my interview with Ramsay shortly on www.britishicehockey.co.uk and www.sshof.co.uk so keep an eye out guys.

The guys Finner has brought in are not only individuals, but I certainly feel they will gel as a team very well, it’s going to be a longer that usual season for the Steelers as we are competing in Europe as well, so we cannot rely solely on individuals, some nights the guys are going to be tired so team work and camaraderie is a must have.

The festival of hockey is fast approaching and it can’t come soon enough, some of the best players ever to grace the British game, will be returning in their Steelers jersey to put the Devils of the past to bed once and for all. I’m absolutely delighted at the players we are bringing back in, Dennis Vial returns which in itself is a miracle after his parting shot when he quit the Steelers, looks like the Queen Mother is due to be announced this week Dennis!! More festival news is due this Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so keep an eye on www.sheffieldsteelers.co.uk guys!

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this blog, if you find it interesting, funny, cool or any other manner of adjective, the please please please tweet the link to your followers, post the link on Facebook or let your Steelers friends know about it!!

Follow me on Twitter @Dplanty or search Facebook for Daniel Plant to keep up to date with my Blog and Articles. You can also subscribe to email alerts when a new entry is available or RSS feed subscription is available.

Until the next time Steelers fans, if you see a panther “Drop The Bomb”

No comments:

Post a Comment